Monday, January 11, 2010

Futurama: 7 Damned? 7 Damned WHAT?


I've been meaning to post this somewhere for 2 years.

In the Futurama episode "Roswell That Ends Well", at about 19:50 into the episode the ship flies through an Army building, a hangar I guess. The retro windows on some of the Army buildings are made up of a bunch of small bluish squares of glass. In this scene, though, the glass spells something out:



That's the 600 px wide version, click here for the 900 px wide one.

It obviously says "7 DAMNED" or, at the least "7 DAMN". Until I grabbed this cap I couldn't see the last 2 letters, but now that I enlarge it they seem like "ED" to me:




I thought the commentary would address this, but it didn't. There's nothing on Google about this, either. Surely I'm not the first one to see this.

EDIT: Light bulb! There are 7 windows in this bit, or "7 DAMNED" windows. Were they hard to animate? Did someone at the studio get bored? We will probably never know.

2 comments:

  1. Animators like screwing with you. And me. And everyone else, just 'cuz they can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They certainly screwed with me, that's for sure. I think I'm more confused that no one else has seen it, since I saw it immediately and I'm not known for my keen observational skills.

    ReplyDelete