Saturday, February 13, 2010

everybody's doin' it

I can't really be online while I'm working, so I miss out on all the cool stuff. Like today when I missed Twitter exploding about the John Mayer interview. For the first several questions I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. Finally, I decided he was a moron. You'd think a big name songwriter could express himself more clearly, and his choice of words was beyond unfortunate. My husband said Mayer sounded like an megalomaniacal introvert, and I agree, but the more I read of the interview, the more Mayer sounded like an immature train wreck. He hit all the high notes: Racism, sexism, homophobia. It's a bigotry buffet. (That's a phrase I used tonight on the LA Times article linked below. No idea if my reply will even get approved, though.)

All that said, Playboy interviewer Rob Tannenbaum wins at life for his response to this exchange:

PLAYBOY: Do you do something different in bed than other guys?

MAYER: It’s all about geometry. I’m sort of a scientist; it’s about being obtuse with an angle. It’s sort of this weird up-and-over thing. You gotta think “up and over.”

PLAYBOY: Maybe that’s easier at your height.

I love you, Mr. Tannenbaum, and would post your picture here if one was available. No, a picture of Mayer won't do. Instead, here's an interview of the interviewer talking about the interview. Seriously.

No comments: