Monday, April 27, 2009

Apparently, I am a pervert

When I was a kid I used to watch "Bless Me, Father" reruns on PBS. The show starred Arthur Lowe as the priest of a small parish and Daniel Abineri as his young curate.

VERY young curate, apparently. I had a huge crush on Abineri as a teen and when I recently learned the show was on DVD, added it to my Netflix queue for sentimental reasons as well as to see Abineri again. You know, because he was so damned gorgeous, but also I haven't seen him anything since, or so I thought. More on that in a minute.

The first disk showed up today and I popped it in the player after dinner. Within a few minutes Abineri entered the scene... and he was just a boy! Look at him:



For some reason (insanity, I suppose) it never occurred to me that someone who looked so much older than me when I was 12 years old wouldn't exactly look as old to me now. He's still cute, though he's only 19 or so in this show. It seriously threw me for a loop when I saw him. I... I could be his mother! I'm a pervert who likes little boys!

A few years ago I realized the only time I'd seen Abineri was in the "Bless Me, Father" twenty*mumble* years ago. Since then, though, I had seen him and didn't realize it. He was behind the 2007 viral video "Mr President":



And he played Dr. Frank-N-Furter in a road performance of "Rocky Horror". I defy you to not find him unbearably hot as Frank. DEFY. YOU.

The moral of the story: It's marginally more acceptable for a thirty*mumble* me to think a 23-year-old Frank-N-Furter is sexy than a 19-year-old curate. At least that's what I tell myself.

This post was originally posted at my old blog Stacia's Stuff on 4/2/09

No comments:

Post a Comment